FOR THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION WORK SESSION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. ON THE THIRD FLOOR, ROOM 303, CITY COMMISSION CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL, 509 S. E. 7th AVENUE, AMARILLO, TEXAS, AND FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION AT 3:00 P.M. THE COMMISSION CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
|A.||City Commission will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.|
(1) Review agenda items for the regular meeting, miscellaneous attachments; and appointments for the following boards and commissions: Community Development Advisory Committee
Construction Advisory and Appeals Board
Greenways Public Improvement District
Health Facilities Corporation
Potter County Appraisal District
Randall County Appraisal District
(2) ETJ Development Standards Presentation and Discussion;
(3) Consider future agenda items.
|B.||City Commission may receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters in Work Session or Regular Meeting:|
(1) Amarillo Economic Development Corporation incentive project;
(2) Possible groundwater rights transactions in Hartley, Potter, Carson, Roberts or Ochiltree Counties; including Canadian River Municipal Water Authority and related acquisitions;
(3) Downtown Development/Redevelopment (studies, progress reports, plans, proposed projects – TIRZ No. 1, Center City, Inc., Downtown Amarillo, Inc. and/or Amarillo Local Government Corporation);
(4) Proposed acquisition and disposition of real property for municipal, economic, recreational or cultural projects;
(5) Confer with attorney and discuss threatened or pending litigation or settlement of same: Burch; Zambrana; Castleberry; D. Bastardo; and TCEQ Compliance;
(6) Discuss 2012 Atmos Rate Appeal and associated matters;
(7) To deliberate regarding security devices or security audits, security personnel;
(8) Confer with attorney on referendum petition(s);
(9) Discuss Charter and upcoming 100th Anniversary; and
(10) Discuss gifts or donations to the City;
(11) Federal Government Funding and Program Impact Discussion; and
(12) USPS – Consolidation Study.
INVOCATION: Alan Burkhalter, Chaparral Hills Baptist Church
PROCLAMATION: “Above the Influence Day”
The Hope & Healing Place 10th Anniversary Celebration
Approval of the City Commission minutes of the regular meeting held on October 8, 2013.
|2.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7437:
This is the first reading of an ordinance amending Chapter 16-3, Traffic, of the Amarillo Municipal Code to create a new dual left turn for vehicles on the I-27 West Frontage Road (WFR). This ordinance shall allow dual left turning movements from westbound turning south on South Bell Street and from the current eastbound I-27 Frontage Road. This ordinance is recommended for approval by a 8:0 vote of the Amarillo Traffic Commission.
|3.|| RESOLUTION CALLING A PUBLIC HEARING TO DETERMINE WHETHER CERTAIN CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN CONSTITUTE A PUBLIC NUISANCE AT THE LOCATION STATED:
This resolution sets a public hearing for the 12th of November, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. to determine if the property at 2203 South Roberts Street constitutes a public nuisance and thereby declared as dangerous structures. A copy of this resolution will be mailed to all interested parties providing ten (10) days notice of public hearing.
|4.|| RESOLUTION — NOMINATIONS FOR POTTER-RANDALL APPRAISAL DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
This resolution approves the nomination of individuals on the Potter-Randall County Appraisal District Board of Directors. As a taxing entity within Potter and Randall Counties, the City Commission is entitled by state law to nominate and vote on individuals to serve on the Potter-Randall County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
|6.||CONSENT AGENDA: It is recommended that the following items be approved and that the City Manager be authorized to execute all documents necessary for each transaction:|
A. Award – Demolition of Buildings 5105 and 6105 at Rick Husband International Airport:
Lloyd D Nabors Demolition, LLC – $74,000.00
This item awards a contract for the demolition of two buildings on the east ramp of the airport property under lease to PRANA for development. The demolition is part of the obligations of the City under the lease agreement. The estimated cost was $100,000. Funding for the demolition is available in the approved FY 2012 Airport Asbestos Abatement Capital Improvement budget.
B. Acceptance – Contract for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program:
Agency: Texas Department of State Health Services — $812,199.00
This item accepts a six month contract for the City of Amarillo’s Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program from October 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014. The contract has an option to extend for an additional six months for a maximum reimbursement $1,624,398.00. The funding represents a 2% increase from the current contract. WIC is a supplemental nutrition program for low income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants and children up to 5 years of age. WIC provides health assessments, referrals, nutrition and breastfeeding education services in Potter, Randall, Armstrong, Carson and Oldham Counties. The program currently assists an average of 8,166 participants per month.
C. Approval – Change Order #4 Roof Replacement – Aviation Hangar 3000
Tecta America, CS: — $22,775.00
Original Contract Total: $634,700.00
Previous Change Orders: 30,665.00
Requested Change Order: 22,775.00
Total Change Orders 53,440.00
Revised Contract Total: $688,140.00
Cumulative % Change: 8.4%
This item approves a change order to the construction contract with to replace the roof on Aviation Hangar 3000 at the Rick Husband International Airport property. Additional work is needed to replace and prime the mental deck. Funding for this change order increase is available within the original 2012-13 project budget.
D. Approval – City of Amarillo Investment Policy:
This item is the annual approval of the revised Investment Policy for the City of Amarillo as recommended by the City Investment Committee. State law requires the City to have a written investment policy and for the City Commission to review and approve the policy on an annual basis. The only revision is a change in the Investment Committee membership.
E. Dedications and Acceptances:
1) A 40’ water line easement being a 0.871 acre tract of land out of Section 124, Block 2, AB&M Survey, Potter County, Texas
2) A 30’ temporary construction easement being a 0.623 acre tract of land out of Section 124, Block 2, AB&M Survey, Potter County, Texas
3) A 40’ water line easement being a 1.626 tract of land out of Sections 123 and 124, Block 2, AB&M Survey, Potter County, Texas
4) A 30’ temporary construction easement being a 1.217 acre tract of land out of Sections 123 and 124, Block 2, AB&M Survey, Potter County, Texas
Comments from interested citizens on matters pertaining to City policies, programs or services.
|1.||Boards and Commissions – appointments as listed on attached. Amarillo City Hall is accessible to individuals with disabilities through its main entry on the south side (Southeast 7th Avenue) of the building. An access ramp leading to the main entry is located at the southwest corner of the building. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in the south parking lot. City Hall is equipped with restroom facilities, communications equipment and elevators that are accessible. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations or a sign language interpreter must contact the City Secretary’s Office 48 hours prior to meeting time by telephoning 378-3013 or the City TDD number at 378-4229.
Posted this 11th day of October 2013.
This post has been viewed 717 times.