FOR THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION WORK SESSION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. ON THE THIRD FLOOR, ROOM 303, CITY COMMISSION CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL, 509 S. E. 7th AVENUE, AMARILLO, TEXAS, AND FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION AT 3:00 P.M. THE COMMISSION CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
|A.||City Commission will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.|
(1) Review agenda items for the regular meeting, miscellaneous attachments; and appointments for the following boards and commissions: Construction Advisory and Appeals Board
Health Facilities Corporation
Potter County Appraisal District
Randall County Appraisal District
(2) Presentation and Discussion – City of Amarillo Social Media presence and related matters;
(3) Consider future agenda items.
|B.||City Commission may receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters in Work Session or Regular Meeting:|
(1) Amarillo Economic Development Corporation incentive project;
(2) Possible groundwater rights transactions in Hartley, Potter, Carson, Roberts or Ochiltree Counties; including Canadian River Municipal Water Authority and related acquisitions;
(3) Downtown Development/Redevelopment (studies, progress reports, plans, proposed projects – TIRZ No. 1, Center City, Inc., Downtown Amarillo, Inc. and/or Amarillo Local Government Corporation);
(4) Proposed acquisition and disposition of real property for municipal, economic, recreational or cultural projects;
(5) Confer with attorney and discuss threatened or pending litigation or settlement of same: Burch; Zambrana; Castleberry; D. Bastardo; and TCEQ Compliance;
(6) Discuss 2012 Atmos Rate Appeal and associated matters; and the October 2013 rate case and any related appeal;
(7) To deliberate regarding security devices or security audits, security personnel;
(8) Confer with attorney on referendum petition(s);
(9) Discuss Charter and upcoming 100th Anniversary; and
(10) Discuss gifts or donations to the City;
(11) Federal Government Funding and Program Impact Discussion; and
(12) USPS – Consolidation Study.
INVOCATION: Howard Griffin, First Presbyterian Church
Approval of the City Commission minutes of the regular meeting held on October 15, 2013.
|2.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7438:
This is the first reading of an ordinance changing the zoning of Lots 1-14, Block 35, and Lots 1-10, Block 36 of Hillside Terrace Estates Unit No. 17, in Section 64, Block 9, BS&F Survey, Randall County, in the vicinity of Perry Avenue and Saxon Way from Residential District 2 to Moderate Density District. This is recommended for approval by a 7:0 vote of the Planning and Zoning Commission.
|3.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7437:
This is the second and final reading of an ordinance amending Chapter 16-3, Traffic, of the Amarillo Municipal Code to create a new dual left turn for vehicles on the I-27 West Frontage Road (WFR). This ordinance shall allow dual left turning movements from westbound turning south on South Bell Street and from the current eastbound I-27 Frontage Road.
|4.||APPOINTMENTS – BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: Appointments are needed for the following boards:
Construction Advisory and Appeals Board
11/26/2002 Joe Norman 12/31/2014
|5.|| CONSENT AGENDA:
It is recommended that the following items be approved and that the City Manager be authorized to execute all documents necessary for each transaction:
A. Approval – Change Order #5 Roof Replacement – Aviation Hangar 3000
Tecta America, CS: — $16,920.00
Original Contract Total: $634,700.00
Previous Change Orders: 53,440.00
Requested Change Order: 16,920.00
Total Change Orders 70,360.00
Revised Contract Total: $705,060.00
Cumulative % Change: 11%
This item approves a change order to the construction contract with to replace the roof on Aviation Hangar 3000 at the Rick Husband International Airport property. Additional quantities were needed to replace the metal deck. Funding for this change order increase is available within the original 2012-13 project budget.
B. Sale – Property:
Sheriff Sale Property in Potter County.
Comments from interested citizens on matters pertaining to City policies, programs or services.
|1.||Planning and Zoning Commission, minutes September 23, 2013.|
|2.||Boards and Commissions – appointments as listed on attached. Amarillo City Hall is accessible to individuals with disabilities through its main entry on the south side (Southeast 7th Avenue) of the building. An access ramp leading to the main entry is located at the southwest corner of the building. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in the south parking lot. City Hall is equipped with restroom facilities, communications equipment and elevators that are accessible. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations or a sign language interpreter must contact the City Secretary’s Office 48 hours prior to meeting time by telephoning 378-3013 or the City TDD number at 378-4229.
Posted this 18th day of October 2013.