FOR THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION WORK SESSION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. ON THE THIRD FLOOR, ROOM 303, CITY COMMISSION CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL, 509 S. E. 7th AVENUE, AMARILLO, TEXAS, AND FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION AT 3:00 P.M. THE COMMISSION CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
|A.||City Commission will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.|
(1) Review agenda items for the regular meeting, miscellaneous attachments; and appointments for the following boards and commissions: Health Facilities Corporation
Potter County Appraisal District
Randall County Appraisal District
(2) Presentation and Discussion – Infill Development;
(3) Consider future agenda items.
|B.||City Commission may receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters in Work Session or Regular Meeting:|
(1) Amarillo Economic Development Corporation incentive project;
(2) Possible groundwater rights transactions in Hartley, Potter, Carson, Roberts or Ochiltree Counties; including Canadian River Municipal Water Authority and related acquisitions;
(3) Downtown Development/Redevelopment (studies, progress reports, plans, proposed projects – TIRZ No. 1, Center City, Inc., Downtown Amarillo, Inc. and/or Amarillo Local Government Corporation);
(4) Proposed acquisition and disposition of real property for municipal, economic, recreational or cultural projects;
(5) Confer with attorney and discuss threatened or pending litigation or settlement of same: Burch; Zambrana; Castleberry; D. Bastardo; TCEQ Compliance; and APM;
(6) Discuss 2012 Atmos Rate Appeal and associated matters; and the October 2013 rate case and any related appeal;
(7) To deliberate regarding security devices or security audits, security personnel;
(8) Confer with attorney on referendum petition(s);
(9) Discuss Charter and upcoming 100th Anniversary; and
(10) Discuss gifts or donations to the City;
(11) Federal Government Funding and Program Impact Discussion.
INVOCATION: Greg Dowell, Central Church of Christ
PROCLAMATION “Municipal Court Week”
Approval of the City Commission minutes of the regular meeting held on October 22, 2013.
|2.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7438:
This is the second and final reading of an ordinance changing the zoning of Lots 1-14, Block 35, and Lots 1-10, Block 36 of Hillside Terrace Estates Unit No. 17, in Section 64, Block 9, BS&F Survey, Randall County, in the vicinity of Perry Avenue and Saxon Way from Residential District 2 to Moderate Density District.
|3.|| RESOLUTION – SUSPENSION OF ATMOS ENERGY CORPORATION RATE INCREASE:
This resolution suspends the effective date of the proposed Atmos Energy Corporation rate increase filed on or about October 18, 2013 for 90 days, requires the reimbursement of municipal rate case expenses, and authorizes participation in related rate proceeds and the retention of special counsel. As proposed, the Amarillo Rate Jurisdiction base revenue percentage increase would be 19.75%. Approval of this resolution allows for negotiation with Atmos Energy Corporation regarding the requested increase.
|4.|| CONSENT AGENDA:
It is recommended that the following items be approved and that the City Manager be authorized to execute all documents necessary for each transaction:
A. Award – Installation of Modular Playground Equipment:
Award to low responsive bidder:
Tri-State General Contracting Group — $ 83,246.00
This item awards a contract for the installation of modular playgrounds at Willow Vista Park and Ellwood Park. The play equipment has been purchased separately and meets all current safety standards and ADA requirements. This project includes installation, surface material, fencing, and ADA accessible sidewalks. Funding for this contract is available in the approved FY 2012-2013 Parks Department Capital Improvement Program budget.
B. Approval – Amarillo Economic Development Corporation Project:
The Amarillo Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors unanimously approved the Location Incentive Agreement (LIA) and Real Estate Exchange Agreement for the Coca-Cola Refreshments project at their October 15, 2013 meeting. The LIA and Exchange agreement approves a project to construct a new facility for Coca-Cola Refreshments in the AEDC owned CenterPort Business Park and also a like-kind exchange of the existing downtown Coca-Cola property for the property in the CenterPort Business Park. Upon completion and approval of the necessary project elements, the downtown property will be deeded to the City of Amarillo. Included in the necessary project elements is an additional agreement between the City and the AEDC regarding the AEDC’s demolition and clearance of the downtown property. As this is an essential element of the overall project, approval of such agreement is included with this item.
Comments from interested citizens on matters pertaining to City policies, programs or services.
|1.||Boards and Commissions – appointments as listed on attached. Amarillo City Hall is accessible to individuals with disabilities through its main entry on the south side (Southeast 7th Avenue) of the building. An access ramp leading to the main entry is located at the southwest corner of the building. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in the south parking lot. City Hall is equipped with restroom facilities, communications equipment and elevators that are accessible. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations or a sign language interpreter must contact the City Secretary’s Office 48 hours prior to meeting time by telephoning 378-3013 or the City TDD number at 378-4229.
Posted this 25th day of October 2013.