FOR THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION WORK SESSION TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. ON THE THIRD FLOOR, ROOM 303, CITY COMMISSION CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL, 509 S. E. 7th AVENUE, AMARILLO, TEXAS, AND FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COMMISSION AT 3:00 P.M. IN THE COMMISSION CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
|A.||City Commission will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.|
(1) Review agenda items for the regular meeting, miscellaneous attachments; and appointments for the following boards and commissions: Health Facilities Corporation
(2) Presentation and Discussion – Infill Development;
(3) Consider future agenda items.
|B.||City Commission may receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters in Work Session or Regular Meeting:|
(1) Amarillo Economic Development Corporation incentive project;
(2) Possible groundwater rights transactions in Hartley, Potter, Carson, Roberts or Ochiltree Counties; including Canadian River Municipal Water Authority and related acquisitions;
(3) Downtown Development/Redevelopment (studies, progress reports, plans, proposed projects – TIRZ No. 1, Center City, Inc., Downtown Amarillo, Inc. and/or Amarillo Local Government Corporation);
(4) Proposed acquisition and disposition of real property for municipal, economic, recreational or cultural projects;
(5) Confer with attorney and discuss threatened or pending litigation or settlement of same: Burch; Zambrana; Castleberry; TCEQ Compliance; and APM;
(6) Discuss 2012 Atmos Rate Appeal and associated matters; and the October 2013 rate case and any related appeal;
(7) To deliberate regarding security devices or security audits, security personnel;
(8) Discuss the appointment of the Assistant City Manager – DS;
(9) Discuss Charter and upcoming 100th Anniversary; and
(10) Discuss gifts or donations to the City.
INVOCATION: Davlyn Duesterhaus, Baptist St. Anthony’s Health Systems
PROCLAMATIONS: “National Hospice Month” (BSA and Hospice of the Southwest)
Approval of the City Commission minutes of the regular meeting held on November 5, 2013.
|2.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7439:
This is the second and final reading of an ordinance changing the zoning of Lot 4, Block 43, Eastridge Unit No. 18, in Section 104, Block 2, AB&M Survey, Potter County, in the vicinity of Dahlia Street and Northeast 20th Avenue from Residential District 1 to Residential District 1 with Specific Use Permit 173 for the placement of a carport within the front-yard setback.
|5.|| RESOLUTION – ELECTION CANVASS:
This resolution canvasses the returns and declares the results of the special election held on November 5, 2013.
|3.|| RESOLUTION – ADOPTING CHARTER AMENDMENTS:
This resolution approves and orders the adoption of the charter amendments approved by the voters on November 5, 2013.
|4.|| RESOLUTION – PUBLIC HEARING:
This resolution conducts a public hearing on and considers ordering the removal of a substandard structure located at 2203 South Roberts Street.
|6.|| CONSENT AGENDA:
It is recommended that the following items be approved and that the City Manager be authorized to execute all documents necessary for each transaction:
A. Approval – Cooperative Planning Program Agreement:
Panhandle Regional Planning Commission — $95,000.00
This item approves a cooperative agreement with the Panhandle Regional Planning Commission for the development a Regional Mass Fatality Plan. The Office of Emergency Management will facilitate the development of the plan with existing staffing and in cooperation with the Regional Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS). Funding for the planning project is available through the State Homeland Security Program.
Comments from interested citizens on matters pertaining to City policies, programs or services.
|1.||Boards and Commissions – appointments as listed on attached. Amarillo City Hall is accessible to individuals with disabilities through its main entry on the south side (Southeast 7th Avenue) of the building. An access ramp leading to the main entry is located at the southwest corner of the building. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in the south parking lot. City Hall is equipped with restroom facilities, communications equipment and elevators that are accessible. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations or a sign language interpreter must contact the City Secretary’s Office 48 hours prior to meeting time by telephoning 378-3013 or the City TDD number at 378-4229.
Posted this 8th day of November 2013.
This post has been viewed 684 times.