FOR THE AMARILLO CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. ON THE THIRD FLOOR, ROOM 303, CITY COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL, 509 S. E. 7th AVENUE, AMARILLO, TEXAS, AND FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COUNCIL AT 3:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
|A.||City Council will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.|
(1) Review agenda items for the regular meeting, miscellaneous attachments; and appointments for the following boards and commissions: Comprehensive Plan Implementation Advisory Committee
Health Facilities Corporation
(2) Consider future agenda items.
|B.||City Council may receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters in Work Session or Regular Meeting:|
(1) Amarillo Economic Development Corporation incentive project;
(2) Possible groundwater rights transactions in Hartley, Potter, Carson, Roberts or Ochiltree Counties; including Canadian River Municipal Water Authority and related acquisitions;
(3) Downtown Development/Redevelopment (studies, progress reports, plans, proposed projects – TIRZ No. 1, Center City, Inc., Downtown Amarillo, Inc. and/or Amarillo Local Government Corporation);
(4) Proposed acquisition and disposition of real property for municipal, economic, recreational or cultural projects;
(5) Confer with attorney and discuss threatened or pending litigation or settlement of same: Burch; Zambrana; Castleberry; TCEQ Compliance; and APM;
(6) Discuss 2012 Atmos Rate Appeal and associated matters; and the October 2013 rate case and any related appeal;
(7) Discuss SPS TCRF and rate case and associated matters;
(8) To deliberate regarding security devices or security audits, security personnel;
(9) Discuss gifts or donations to the City;
(10) Infill Development; and
(11) City Logo and related matters.
INVOCATION: Gene Shelburne, Anna Street Church of Christ
Approval of the City Council minutes of the regular meeting held on November 19, 2013.
|2.|| RESOLUTION – PUBLIC HEARING:
This resolution conducts a public hearing on and considers ordering the removal of a substandard structure located at 106 North Kentucky Street.
|3.|| CONSENT AGENDA:
It is recommended that the following items be approved and that the City Manager be authorized to execute all documents necessary for each transaction:
A. Purchase – Landfill Scraper:
Award on Texas Buy Board Cooperative Purchasing Contract to Warren Cat — $583,163.80
This item is the scheduled replacement of a 2007 Cat Elevating Scraper used at the Amarillo Landfill. The existing unit has reached its useable lifespan. The purchase represents a 1% increase from the 2012 purchase. The price for this purchase includes a trade allowance of $180,000 for the existing unit. Funding for this purchase is available from the Municipal Garage Replacement Fund.
B. Purchase – Paper Goods:
Award to low responsive bidder: Empire Paper Co. — $107,865.00
This item is the annual purchase of paper goods for use by various City departments and in public buildings. Included in this contract are cups, hand towels, toilet tissue, Kleenex and other paper items. This contract is a 2.69% decrease from the current one. Funding for this purchase is in the approved FY 2013/2014 Central Stores Department operating budget.
C. Award – Recoat of Concrete Dome Tank #2 at Osage Water Treatment Plant:
Award to low responsive bidder: Rudd-Palmer Company, Inc. — $73,600.00
This item awards a contract to replace the deteriorated coating on the concrete dome of tank #2 at the Osage Water Treatment Plant. The estimated cost was $78,000.00. Funding for the project is available in the approved Utilities Division FY 2012-2013 capital improvement budget.
D. Award – Consolidated Rent Car Service Center – Rick Husband International Airport:
Award to low responsive bidder: Southwest General Contractors — $4,291,524.00
The item awards a contract for the construction of a new consolidated rent car service center to be located at the Rick Husband International Airport. The project has been planned for several years and will replace four separate rent car facilities operated by Hertz, Avis, National and Enterprise. Funding for the construction project is available from the Airport Capital Improvement Program and will be recovered through the Airport Rental Car Customer Facility Charge.
E. Approval – Crossing Agreement Carson County:
Pattern Panhandle Wind 2 LLC
This item approves an agreement with Pattern Panhandle Wind 2 LLC to construct, use or maintain wind power generating turbines and related appurtenances on and over groundwater rights property and associated easements and infrastructure in Carson County owned by the City of Amarillo.
Comments from interested citizens on matters pertaining to City policies, programs or services.
|1.||Boards and Commissions – appointments as listed on attached. Amarillo City Hall is accessible to individuals with disabilities through its main entry on the south side (Southeast 7th Avenue) of the building. An access ramp leading to the main entry is located at the southwest corner of the building. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in the south parking lot. City Hall is equipped with restroom facilities, communications equipment and elevators that are accessible. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations or a sign language interpreter must contact the City Secretary’s Office 48 hours prior to meeting time by telephoning 378-3013 or the City TDD number at 378-4229.
Posted this 22th day of November 2013.
This post has been viewed 713 times.