FOR THE AMARILLO CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. ON THE THIRD FLOOR, ROOM 303, CITY COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL, 509 S. E. 7th AVENUE, AMARILLO, TEXAS, AND FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMARILLO CITY COUNCIL AT 3:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
|A.||City Council will discuss or receive reports on the following current matters or projects.|
(1) Review agenda items for the regular meeting, miscellaneous attachments; and appointments for the following boards and commissions: Animal Control Board
Bi-City-County Public Health Board
Comprehensive Plan Implementation Advisory Committee
Health Facilities Corporation
(2) Review and discuss changes to the City of Amarillo Health Care Benefit Plan document;
(3) Consider future agenda items.
|B.||City Council may receive reports on or discuss any of the following pending projects or matters in Work Session or Regular Meeting:|
(1) Amarillo Economic Development Corporation incentive project;
(2) Possible groundwater rights transactions in Hartley, Potter, Carson, Roberts or Ochiltree Counties; including Canadian River Municipal Water Authority and related acquisitions;
(3) Downtown Development/Redevelopment (studies, progress reports, plans, proposed projects – TIRZ No. 1, Center City, Inc., Downtown Amarillo, Inc. and/or Amarillo Local Government Corporation);
(4) Proposed acquisition and disposition of real property for municipal, economic, recreational or cultural projects;
(5) Confer with attorney and discuss threatened or pending litigation or settlement of same: Burch; Zambrana; Castleberry; TCEQ Compliance; and APM;
(6) Discuss 2012 Atmos Rate Appeal and associated matters; and the October 2013 rate case and any related appeal;
(7) Discuss SPS TCRF and rate case and associated matters;
(8) To deliberate regarding security devices or security audits, security personnel;
(9) Discuss gifts or donations to the City;
(10) Infill Development; and
(11) City Logo and related matters.
INVOCATION: Gene Shelburne, Anna Street Church of Christ
Approval of the City Council minutes of the regular meeting held on December 3, 2013.
|2.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7440:
This is the first reading of an ordinance vacating an existing drainage easement in the vicinity of Southwest 45th Avenue and Hardin Drive. This vacation request is to increase the developable lot area within the next phase of the Teresa D’Ann residential subdivision. This is recommended for approval by a 5:0 vote of the Planning and Zoning Commission.
|3.|| ORDINANCE NO. 7441:
This is the second and final reading of an ordinance changing of a 8.16 and a 39.11 acre tracts of unplatted land in Section 40, Block 9, BS&F Survey, Randall County, in the vicinity of Hillside Road and Soncy Road from Agricultural District to Residential District 3 and Residential District 1, respectively.
|4.|| PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION – AGN MEDIA CITY LOGO CONTEST:
AGN Media Representatives will present the top designs for the City Logo contest and discuss the results and methods used in this community-wide process.
Comments from interested citizens on matters pertaining to City policies, programs or services.
|1.||Planning and Zoning Commission, minutes November 25, 2013.|
|2.||Boards and Commissions – appointments as listed on attached. Amarillo City Hall is accessible to individuals with disabilities through its main entry on the south side (Southeast 7th Avenue) of the building. An access ramp leading to the main entry is located at the southwest corner of the building. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in the south parking lot. City Hall is equipped with restroom facilities, communications equipment and elevators that are accessible. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations or a sign language interpreter must contact the City Secretary’s Office 48 hours prior to meeting time by telephoning 378-3013 or the City TDD number at 378-4229.
Posted this 6th day of December 2013.